WordPress.com is excited to announce our newest offering: a course just for beginning bloggers where you’ll learn everything you need to know about blogging from the most trusted experts in the industry. We have helped millions of blogs get up and running, we know what works, and we want you to to know everything we know. This course provides all the fundamental skills and inspiration you need to get your blog started, an interactive community forum, and content updated annually.
Recipe name – Stuffed Brinjal Curry. Whole brinjal stuffed curry. Baby eggplants stuffed. Andhra style stuffed brinjal curry. Bharwa baingan subzi.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 people
- Small Brinjals (Baby Eggplants or Baingan): 8
- Oil: 3 tablespoon
- Peanuts: 2 tablespoon
- Onion: 1 small
- Ginger: 1 inch piece
- Garlic: 2 medium sized cloves
- Green chili: 2
- Tomato: 4 medium sized
- Coconut: grated or powdered 1/4 cup
- Water: 1 cup
- Cumin seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Curry leaves: 6-7
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder: 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt: 1 and 1/2 teaspoon or to taste
- Take the brinjals. wash them and pat them dry.
- Slit a deep + sign from top to almost end of the brinjals. Do not remove the end edge of the brinjals, keep them intact.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pan.
- once oil is hot, shallow fry the brinjals in high heat for 7-8 minutes or until the outer layer is dark all over. You may deep fry them on more oil or roast on gas flame.
- Take them out and keep on a plate.
- In the remaining oil, add 2 tablespoon peanut, roughly chopped 1 onion, ginger, garlic. Roast for 2-minutes
- add roughly chopped green chili and tomatoes. Roast for another 2-3 minutes.
- add coconut and cook for another 1 minutes
- add 1 cup of water.
- Cook until water starts to boil
- Turn off the heat
- Let it cool for 10 minutes
- Grind it to smooth paste.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in another pan.
- add cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
- Once seeds starts to crackle, add curry leaves, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder and garam masala powder. Mix well and roast for 30 seconds in low heat. make sure masalas are not getting burnt.
- In low heat, add the tomato paste and mix well.
- add salt and mix again.
- cover and let it cook for 1 minute.
- Now take the shallow fried brinjals one by one. Hold it on top of the pan, using a spoon fill the brinjals with the tomato masala and gently drop it in the tomato gravy. Likewise add all the brinjals in the gravy.
- Coat the brinjals gently with the masala.
- cover the pan for 5 minutes or until brinjals are well cooked.
- Turn off the heat.
- Serve hot with rice or chapati.
- Recipe Video link – https://youtu.be/mYBrA5KfnJE
Recipe name – Til gud ke laddo. Til Gur Laddu. Makar Sankranti special recipes. Til ke ladoo. Til gud recipe. Sesame Seeds and Jaggery Balls.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 15-16 small laddoos
- White Sesame seeds (til) : 1 Cup or 100 grams approx.
- Jaggery (gud) : 1 cup
- Water: 1 Tablespoon
- Ghee: 1 Tablespoon
- Heat a non-sticky pan
- Roast the sesame seeds (til) in low to medium heat
- Roast for 8-10 minutes until it turns light brown and crispy
- Transfer roasted til in a plate.
- In the same pan, add 1 tablespoon ghee.
- Add 1 cup jaggery. You may use any kind of jaggery. If it is solid, cut into small pieces or grate it. Or, you may use powdered jaggery.
- Add 1 Tablespoon water.
- Mix well.
- Let it melt.
- It will start to foam after 2-3 minutes.
- To check the correct consistency, we have to do water test. Take one drop of gud and drop it in a water bowl. Now check if the drop mixed with the water, gud consistency is not done yet. Cook for another 2-3 minutes and do the water test again. When you drop the gud in water and it looks separate from water, it is done.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add the roasted sesame seeds.
- Mix everything quickly.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Apply some water in both of your hand palms.
- Take 1 tablespoon of the til gud. Carefully and quickly make round balls. It will be very hot so be very careful.
- Likewise make all the 15-16 laddus. Do not forget to apply water every time before making a laddu.
- once all laddus are made, let it cool for sometime, then store in a jar. It stays good for 2 weeks.
- Checkout the recipe video – https://youtu.be/7VTAGKuyix8