Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Serves: 10-12 pieces
- Cashew: 1 cup
- Sugar: ½ cup
- Water: ¼ cup
- Ghee: 1 Tablespoon
- Silver coating or varakh: As required (optional)
- Grind the cashew to smooth powder. Do not grind more otherwise it will become oily.
- In a pan add sugar and water and place it on cooktop. Stir occasionally.
- As soon as the sugar dissolves, add the cashew powders. Mix well.
- Medium the heat and cook it for 7-8 minutes stirring gently.
- Add ghee, mix well.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool for 3-4 minutes.
- Grease a flat plate or tray with ghee or oil.
- Add the mixture on the greased tray.
- Using hand knead a dough and using rolling pin roll the dough to ¼ inch thick round or square.
- Using a sharp knife cut it into 10-12 diamond shape pieces.
- Garnish with silver coating / varakh (Optional)
- Let it cool in room temperature and serve.
- Or, store in an air tight container.