Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
For the Bhaji
- Potato: 6 medium sized
- Red Beetroot: 1 small
- Carrots: 2, peeled, washed and chopped into small pieces
- Green beans: 7-8, trimmed, washed and chopped into small pieces
- Cauliflower: 1/2 cup, washed and chopped into small pieces
- Green Peas: 1/4 cup
- Salt: 1 ½ Teaspoon or to taste
- Water: 2 cups
- Oil / butter: 2 tablespoons
- Onion: 2 medium sized, finely chopped
- Capsicum (Bell pepper): 1 medium sized, finely chopped
- Ginger: ½ teaspoon, finely chopped
- Garlic: ½ teaspoon, finely chopped
- Green chili: ½ teaspoon, finely chopped
- Tomato: 3 medium sized, chopped
- Spring onion: 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
- Pav bhaji masala: 2 tablespoons
- Coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon, chopped
- Pav (Bread Buns): 8
- Butter: 2 tablespoon or as required
- Onions: 1, cut into circles, then separate the rings
- Lemon: 1, cut into 8-10 pieces.
- Boil Potato and beetroot in pressure cooker with water till 4-5 whistles. Turn off the heat and once the extra steam is out from pressure cooker open the lid. Drain the water. Peel potato and beetroot. Smash it or chop in small pieces.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil/butter in a pot.
- Add finely chopped onion, bell pepper, garlic and ginger.
- Saute for 5-6 minutes.
- Add tomato and green chili. Saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add finely chopped carrot, beans, cauliflower, peas and pav bhaji masala, Mix well.
- Saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the mashed potato and beetroot.
- Add 2 cups of water and salt.
- Mix well and cover it.
- Let it simmer in medium heat for 12-15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Roast the pav bun breads on tawa using butter as much as you like 😉
- Serve the roasted pavs with bhaji, onion rings and lemon wedges.