Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
For the veggies:
- Potato: 4, boiled and mashed
- carrots: 2, peeled, washed and chopped into small pieces
- Green beans: 7-8, trimmed, washed and chopped into small pieces
- Cauliflower: 1/2 cup, washed and chopped into small pieces
- Red Beetroot: 1, peeled, washed and chopped into small pieces
- Green Peas: 1/4 cup
- Salt: 1 ½ Teaspoon or to taste
- Turmeric powder (haldi): 1 teaspoon
- Water: 2 cups
For the bhaji masala
- Oil / butter: 2 tablespoons
- Onion: 1 medium sized, finely chopped
- Ginger: ½ teaspoon, finely chopped
- Garlic: ½ teaspoon, finely chopped
- Green chili: ½ teaspoon, finely chopped
- Dried Red Chili: 4
- Tomato: 3 medium sized, chopped
- Capsicum (Bell pepper): 1 medium sized, finely chopped
- Spring onion: 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
- Pav bhaji masala: 2 tablespoons
- Coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon, chopped
For the Pav:
- Pav (Bread Buns): 8
- Butter: 2 tablespoons
- Pav Bhaji Masala: ½ tablespoon
- Onions: 1, cut into circles, then separate the rings
- Lemon: 1, cut into 8-10 pieces.
- Boil the chopped beetroot, carrot, beans and cauliflower with salt, turmeric powder and 2 cups of water until well cooked in a pressure cooker (4 whistles )
- Turn off the heat and once the extra steam is out from pressure cooker open the lid.
- Mash all the veggies in the water using a masher. If water is more, then drain some before mashing.
- Add the boiled and mashed potato and mix well. Adjust water to get a thick consistency.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil/butter in a pan.
- Add onion, dried red chili, garlic and ginger and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato and green chili. Saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool completely.
- Blend this sautéed mix to a smooth paste.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil/butter in the same pan.
- Add Capsicum, spring onion, green peas (matar) and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add pav bhaji masala and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the onion tomato puree and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add little salt according to the paste. Veggies are already boiled with salt, so no need to add more salt.
- Add the boiled and mashed veggies.
- Mix well and let it boil for some time.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Heat 2 tablespoon butter on a non-stick tawa, sprinkle some chopped pav bhaji masala on it, place the pavs (bun breads) and roast both sides.
- Serve the roasted pavs with bhaji, onion rings and lemon wedges.