Prep Time: 12 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Serves: 6 Roti
- Bajra ka Aata (Pearl Millet Flour): 2 Cup
- Whole Wheat Flour (Aata): ½ Cup (Optional)
- Salt: 1 ½ Teaspoon or to taste
- Red Chili Powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Butter or ghee for greasing: As required
- Water: As required to knead the dough
- Combine bajra flour, wheat flour, salt and red chili powder. Mix it well.
- Knead a soft and smooth dough using enough water. Cover it with a wet cloth and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll into balls.
- Roll each ball to a 4-5-inch circles, little thick. You may flatten the circles using your hand as well. Use little dry wheat flour while rolling the roti.
- Heat a tawa. Place the roti and cook in medium heat for 2 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes. Flip and cook until both sides are cooked well with golden brown spots, not black.
- Take it out of tawa and place on a plate.
- Brush with 1 teaspoon ghee and serve immediately.
- Serve with any vegetable curry. Read few recipes below for side dish: