Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 mins
Serves: 12 muffins
For the Cake Base:
- Plain flour or all-purpose flour: 1 ¼ Cup
- Powdered Sugar: ¾ Cup
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder: ½ Cup
- Baking powder: 1 Teaspoon
- Baking Soda: ½ Teaspoon
- Salt: one pinch
- Oil: 1/4 cup
- Curd: ½ Cup
- Milk: ½ Cup
- Instant Coffee Powder: 1 teaspoon
- Warm water: ¼ Cup
- Vanilla essence: A few drops
- Walnuts: ¾ Cup, finely chopped
For Cake Decorating / Frosting / Icing
- Thick and Heavy Fresh Milk Cream: 1 cup
- Powdered Sugar: ¼ cup
- Pre-heat the oven to 350-degree F or 180-degree C.
- Sieve the dry ingredients, flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda in a large bowl. Mix well and keep aside.
- In a small bowl, add curd and milk and whisk it well. There should be no lumps. Keep this aside for at least 2 minutes.
- In another bowl, take 1 teaspoon coffee powder and pour ¼ cup of warm water. Mix it well.
- Now in the large bowl, where all the dry ingredients are already present, add oil, curd-milk mix, and coffee-water mix. Whisk the mix using a hand blender or spatula. Do not over mix. It took only 1 minute for me.
- Add vanilla extract and walnuts and fold it inside the batter gently.
- Line a muffin tray with muffin liner and fill 3/4 of each muffin cup.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Take out all the muffins. Serve hot or let it cool, then preserve for later use. You may use those for 1 week and if you keep in fridge, those are good for 3 weeks.
- You may decorate each muffin with whipped cream. Whip the cream until frothy and then gently fold the sugar. Now put this cream in a cake decorating pipe and decorate it as you like.
- You may use 1 cup of buttermilk instead of curd + milk. Or, you may add 1 teaspoon vinegar in 1 cup of warm milk and set it aside for 2 minutes and use it.
- You may use ¼ cup of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder in the whipped cream if you want to decorate cupcakes with chocolate cream.
- My muffin molds were round and I wanted to make heart shape muffins, so after I filled each muffin mold with batter, I added a small round marble in each mold, outside the muffin liner to give a heart shape.