Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
For the Green Paste
- Lemongrass: 2 Tablespoon, finely chopped
- Cilantro (Dhania patti): 1 cup, finely chopped
- Green chili: ½ Tablespoon, finely chopped
- Basil Leaves: 2 Tablespoon, finely chopped
- Green Lemon zest: 1 teaspoon (Grate a green lemon’s outer layer)
- Lemon Juice: 1 teaspoon
- Onion: ¼ Cup, finely chopped
- Ginger: 1-inch piece, finely chopped
- Garlic: ½ Tablespoon, finely chopped
- Coriander Seeds: 1 Tablespoon
- Cumin Seeds: 1 Tablespoon
- Black peppercorns (Kali mirch): 8-10
- Water: ½ Cup or as required
For the Curry
- Mixed Vegetables: 4 cups, washed and chopped in small pieces (2 Carrots, 7-8 green Beans, ½ cup cauliflower, ½ cup broccoli, 1 zucchini, handful of Peas)
- Water: 3 Cups
- Paneer or Tofu (Cottage Cheese): 1 cup, chopped into 1-inch cube pieces
- Salt: 1 1/2 Teaspoon or to taste
- Oil: 2 Tablespoon
- Coconut Milk: 1 cup
- White Corn Flour: 1 Tablespoon
- Soy Sauce: ½ Tablespoon
- Blend all the ingredients, mentioned in the green paste section. Use little water to make a thick paste. Keep it aside.
- Boil the chopped vegetables with 3 cups of water and salt till veggies are 80% cooked. You may cook them in a pressure cooker till 1 whistle or you may boil them on a pot for 15-20 minutes. Do not overcook the veggies, as we are going to boil it again. Turn off the heat and keep it aside.
- In a small bowl, take 1 tablespoon white corn flour and 2-3 tablespoon hot water. Mix it well, so there are no lumps and keep it aside. You may use water from the boiled veggies’ pot.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in another pot.
- Add the green paste and saute for 3 minutes in medium heat.
- Add the tofu pieces and saute for another 1 minute.
- Add the boiled vegetables with water, corn flour water and soy sauce. Let it boil for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk. Lower the heat and simmer the gravy in low heat for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve hot with plain white rice or chapati (tortilla).