Dal Churma is a traditional and popular dish in Mainly Rajasthan. It is coarsely ground wheat flour and mixed with ghee and sugar. It is served as dessert or with dal. Dal bati churma main ingredient in any Rajasthani thali.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Wheat Flour (Aata): 1 cup
- Rava (Sooji / Semolina): 2 Tablespoon
- Ghee: 2 tablespoons for dough + 2 Tablespoon for later
- Powdered Sugar: ¼ Cup
- Oil: for deep fry
- Almonds: 7-8, chopped
- Water: as required
- Mix wheat flour and rava well.
- Add 2 tbsp melted ghee, mix well.
- Using water knead a stiff dough.
- Cover the dough with a wet cloth and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Knead the dough again using 1 teaspoon oil /ghee and divide it into 5-6 equal portions. Roll each portion into a smooth ball, flatten it a little and make a thumb press mark in the middle.
- Deep fry the batis in medium heat for 7-8 minutes until it is golden brown. If you fry them in high heat, batis will be golden from outside but from inside the dough will still be raw.
- Take out the batis and leave it to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Now break them into small pieces and add the pieces in grinder.
- Grind it coarsely. Do not grind it for more time, otherwise it will become like dough again.
- Transfer this to a bowl.
- Heat 2 tablespoon ghee in a small pan, saute the chopped almonds for 1-2 minutes. Transfer this almond with ghee in the churma bowl. Toss it well.
- Add ¼ cup of powdered sugar and toss well again.
- Serve with dal.
- Dal Recipe – http://wp.me/p8yNxk-XI