Recipe – Fried Momos / Crispy Veg Dumplings
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Serves: 18 Momos (Serves 3 people)
For the dough
- All-purpose flour / Plain flour (maida): 1 ½ cup
- Salt: ¼ teaspoon
- Oil: 1 Tablespoon
- Water: as required
For the Veg Stuffing
- Carrot: ¼ cup, grated
- Cabbage: 1 cup, finely chopped
- Bell pepper: ¼ cup, finely chopped
- Onion: 1 medium size, finely chopped
- Garlic: 1 teaspoon, finely chopped
- Oil: ½ tablespoon
- Salt: ½ teaspoon or to taste
- Soy Sauce: 1 Teaspoon
- Black Pepper powder: ½ teaspoon
- Oil: For deep frying
- Momo Chutney: 1 cup
- Take the dough ingredients: flour, salt and oil in a bowl and mix well. Using water knead a soft dough. Cover it with a wet cloth and keep aside for minimum 1 hour.
- Heat ½ tablespoon oil in a pan
- Saute garlic and onion for 1 minute. Then add carrot, cabbage, bell pepper, salt and mix well. Saute the vegetables for 6-7 minutes. Do not cover the pan.
- Add soy sauce and black pepper powder and saute for 2-3 minutes or till the mixture is dry.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool. Now divide the stuffing into 18 equal portions.
- Take the dough and divide into 18 equal portions. Roll each portion into ball.
- Roll each ball into 3-inch diameter circle. Use dry flour or oil if required while rolling. Make sure the edges are thinner than the center part. You may use your finger to make the edges thinner.
- Add one portion of the stuffing in the middle of the rolled dough. Apply little water over the edges. Lift one edge and start pleating, join the pleats in the center
- Likewise make all the 18 momos and place them on a plate. keep the momo plate in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil for deep fry.
- Now deep fry the momos until golden brown and crispy. take the out on a kitchen napkin.
- Serve hot with momo chutney.