Recipe – Rice Appe in Muffin tray / Baked Rice Appe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Idli Batter: 1 Cup
- Rava (Sooji / Semolina): ¼ Cup
- Water: as required
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Red chili powder: ½ teaspoon
- Onion: ½ of a medium sized, finely chopped
- Tomato: 1 medium sized, finely chopped
- Green chili: 1, finely chopped
- Ginger: ¼ inch piece, finely chopped
- Garlic: 2 cloves, finely chopped
- Ajwain (carrom seeds): ¼ teaspoon (optional)
- Coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon, chopped
- Oil: 1 teaspoon and as required for greasing
- Baking Powder: 1 teaspoon
- Baking Soda: ½ Teaspoon
- In a bowl, add idly batter, sooji, salt, red chili powder, ajwain and coriander leaves. Whisk well and Keep aside. Batter consistency should be like toothpaste or thick idly batter. If required then only add some water.
- In a small pan heat 1 teaspoon oil. Saute chopped onion, ginger and garlic for 2 minutes. Add tomato and green chili. Saute for another 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and add this to the batter.
- Preheat the baking oven to 350 F or 180 C
- Grease all molds of the mini muffin tray with oil
- Add baking powder and baking soda in the batter and mix well.
- Fill ¾th of each mold with the batter.
- Place the muffin tray in the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes or till light golden brown.
- Take out and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Now using a knife or spoon, take out the muffins carefully.
- Serve hot with chutney or ketchup.
- Instead of baking, you may make this recipe in appe pan on cooktop as well.