Recipe – Gond ke laddu / Aata ke laddu
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Serves: 30 big laddus
- Aata ( wheat flour) : 1 kg
- Powdered Sugar: 1/2 kg
- Gond( edible gum): 150 gram
- Gath nariyal ( dried coconut): 1 cup grated
- Badam ( Almonds) : 150 grams
- Ghee ( clarified butter ): 1/2 kg
- Chop the badams lengthwise into thin slices and keep it aside
- Grate the gath nariyal and keep it aside
- In a wide kadai, add ghee
- Once ghee is hot, deep fry the gonds till light it puffs up. Take it out and keep it aside
- In the remaining ghee add Aata.
- Medium the heat and roast the Aata in medium heat for 30 minutes or till Aata is roasted well . Not too dark, not too light. It should be like light golden color.
- Add badam and toss well.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add the fried Gond and toss well.
- After 10 minutes add, powdered sugar and grated coconut. Toss it well.
- Wait for 10 minutes, when Aata is not very, form laddu shapes.
- Eat fresh or keep it in container. It stays good for 1 to 2 months.