Recipe – Chili Cheese Dosa
Prep time: 10-12 hours
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 10 dosas
For the dosa
- Urad Dal (white lentils): 1/4 Cup
- Rice: 2 Cups
- Methi (Fenugreek) seeds: ½ Teaspoon
- Salt: ½ Teaspoon or to taste
- Cooked plain rice or soaked poha: 1/4 cup
- Water: As required
For the Stuffing
- Grated Cheese: 1 cup (mozzarella or cheddar or anyone)
- Bell pepper or capsicum: 1medium sized, finely chopped
- Green chili: 1, finely chopped
- Salt: ¼ teaspoon or to taste
- Black pepper powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Oil: 3 tablespoon or as required for greasing
For the dosa batter
- Wash dal and rice 2-3 times. Soak the mix in water with methi seeds. Soak it for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Drain the water, add soaked poha or cooked rice to the mix and grind the mixture to a smooth paste. Not too thick, not too thin paste. Add little water while grinding if required.
- Transfer the batter to a bowl, cover it and let it ferment for another 5-6 hours or overnight. The batter will increase in volume.
For the stuffing
- In a bowl, mix grated cheese, capsicum, chili, salt and black pepper powder. Toss it well.
For the chili cheese dosa
- Add salt in the dosa batter. Adjust water to make a thin dropping consistency dosa batter. Mix well.
- Heat a tawa in high flame, pour 1 ladle full of batter and spread evenly to thinnest circle possible.
- Spread 2 tablespoon of the chili cheese masala in one side of the dosa.
- Drizzle little oil over it and cook in medium flame until cheese melts and bottom part of dosa becomes golden. No need to flip. Roll it or fold it.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.