Recipe – Roasted Corn Cobs
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Corn cob: 2 medium sized
- Salt: for seasoning
- Black pepper powder: for seasoning
- Butter: for greasing
- Lime juice: a few drops
- Chaat Masala: for seasoning
- In bowl mix melted butter, slat, black pepper powder, chaat masala and lime juice. keep it aside
- Take off the outer cover and silk from the corn.
- Place the corn cobs on high gas flame. If you are using induction cooktop, place a wired net on cooktop, then place the corn cobs on the net.
- Flipping it all around, cook until golden brown from all sides.
- Take them out on a plate. Brush the butter masala all over the corn cobs.
- Serve hot.
Recipe – Vegetable Puff Using Ready-Made Puff Pastry Sheet
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Ready-made puff pastry sheet: 1
- Butter: as required for greasing
- Oil: 2 Tablespoon
- Boiled Potato: 3 medium sized
- Carrots: 1 medium sized, grated
- Beetroot (Beet): 1/4th of a medium sized, grated
- Green Peas: 2 Tablespoon
- Onion: 1 medium sized, finely chopped
- Green bell pepper: 1/4th of a medium sized
- Ginger-garlic paste: 1 teaspoon
- Green chili, finely chopped or paste: 1 Teaspoon
- Water: as required
- Chat masala: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Garam masala: 1/4 Teaspoon
- Cumin seeds: ½ Teaspoon
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. When it changes color, sauté onion, bell pepper, ginger-garlic, chili.
- Add green peas and grated, beetroot and carrot. Saute for another 3-4 minutes
- Add boiled and mashed potato, salt, chat masala, garam masala powder and mix well.
- Fry the mix till it is completely dry and the raw smell of beet and carrot is gone.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Divide the Mix into 9 equal portions. Roll them into cylinder shapes. keep aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F / 200 C
- Take the puff pastry sheet. If it is frozen, Keep it out for 2-3 hours. It should be in normal temperature while using.
- Spread some dry flour on the kitchen top and unfold the sheet. Sprinkle some dry flour on it and using a rolling pan roll it gently. No need to roll more.
- Using a knife cut it into 9 equal rectangular shapes.
- Add vegetable filling in all the sheets.
- Fold each portion to cover the filling. Using a fork seal the edges.
- Brush with butter on both sides and place them on a baking tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes. take them out. Flip it all and bake again for another 10 minutes.
- take out and serve hot with tomato ketchup
Recipe: Mango Salsa
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Ripe Mango: 3
- Tomato: 1, finely chopped
- Onion: 1, finely chopped
- Bell Pepper: 1, finely chopped
- Green chili / Jalapeno: 1, finely chopped
- Salt: ¼ Teaspoon or to taste
- Black Pepper powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Lime juice: a few drops
- Cilantro: 1 Tablespoon, finely chopped
- Peel the mangoes. Cut 2 into small pieces. Blend 1 into fine paste. Use little water if needed.
- In a bowl, add the mango pieces and mango paste.
- Add chopped onion, tomato, bell pepper, jalapeno, salt, black pepper powder, lime juice, cilantro.
- Toss everything well.
- Serve mango salsa with chips for your party starter.
Recipe – Bread Katori Chaat
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- Bread: 12 slices
- Boiled Potato: 2 medium sized
- Boiled Choley: 1 Cup
- Salt: ½ teaspoon or to taste
- Red chili powder: ¼ Teaspoon
- Chaat masala: ½ teaspoon
- Roasted Cumin Powder: ¼ Teaspoon
- Onion: 1, small sized, finely chopped
- Tomato: 1, small sized, finely chopped
- Green Chili: 1, finely chopped
- Curd (Dahi): 2 Tablespoon
- Sugar: ½ Teaspoon
- Tamarind Chutney: 1 Tablespoon
- Green Chutney: 1 Tablespoon
- Fresh coriander leaves: chopped, 1 tablespoon
- Sev or bhujia: 1 Tablespoon
- Oil/Butter: as required for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 375 F / 190 C.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the bread slices. Now cut each slice using a round cookie cutter.
- Grease a 12 medium-sized-mold muffin tray with some oil/butter. Place the bread slices in each muffin mold and press it so it holds the shape of the muffin mold. Spread little oil or butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until slices are crispy.
- Take out the muffin tray and bread katori from muffin molds. Keep them aside
- In boil, add boiled chana, boiled and finely chopped potato, salt, red chili powder, chaat masala, roasted cumin powder, onion, tomato, green chili. Toss everything well.
- In a small bowl mix curd and sugar. Keep it aside.
- On a plate, place 3 of the bread katoris. Add some of the potato-choley mix. Then add some curd, green chutney, tamarind chutney, coriander leaves and sev.
- Serve immediately.
- Green Chutney Recipe
- Tamarind Chutney Recipe
A daily guide on “What to cook?" And "How to cook?”