Prep Time: 12 hours
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Green Grams: 1 Cup
- Water: As required
- Avocado: 1, ripe
- Onion: 1 small, finely chopped
- Tomato: 1 small, finely chopped
- Green chili: 1 small, finely chopped
- Carrot: 1 medium, finely chopped
- Cucumber: 1 small, finely chopped
- Salt: 1 ½ Teaspoon
- Black Pepper powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Chat Masala: 1 Teaspoon
- Lemon Juice: 1 Tablespoon
- Fresh Coriander leaves: chopped, 1 tablespoon
For the sprouts:
- Take 1 cup of green grams in a bowl. Wash them thoroughly 3 to 4 times in fresh water.
- Soak in water and leave them soaked for 4-5 hours or overnight.
- Drain the grams.
- Transfer the grams on to a muslin cloth and tie the cloth.
- Keep the cloth in a container at room temperature and cover with lid.
- The sprouts start coming within 5 to 6 hours. If you want longer sprouts, keep for a longer time.
For the salad:
- Boil the Sprouts in pressure cooker only for 1 whistle or boil in a pan till 80% cooked. It should not be over-cooked.
- Transfer the sprouts in a big bowl. Add chopped avocado, onions, tomato, green chili, carrot, cucumber, salt, black pepper powder, chat masala, lemon juice and coriander leaves. Mix well and serve.
- Boiling the sprouts is optional. If you like it crunchy, do not boil the sprouts.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Avocado: 2
- Onion: finely chopped, 1/2 tablespoon
- Tomato: finely chopped, 1/2 tablespoon
- Lemon juice: 1 teaspoon
- Coriander/Cilantro leaves: 1/2 tablespoon, chopped
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Black pepper powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Extra virgin Olive oil: 1 teaspoon
- Divide the avocado into 2 halves. Take out the seed. Cut into ½ inch thick slices then scoop out all the pieces using a spoon or knife.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients.
- You may add grated cheddar and mozzarella cheese while serving.
- You may add your favorite salad dressing: ranch, mustard etc.
Prep Time: 5-6 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Bread Slices: 6 pieces
- Avocado: 1 large
- Coriander Leaves / Cilantro: 1/2 tablespoon, chopped
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder (kali mirch): 1/2 Teaspoon
- Green chili / Jalapeno: 1/4 Teaspoon, chopped (optional)
- Olive oil: 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Lime juice: 1 teaspoon
- Butter: As required to toast the sandwich
- Divide the avocado into 2 halves. Take out the seed. Scoop out all the pulp using a spoon.
- In a bowl, add the pulp and using a fork mash it to smooth paste.
- Add coriander leaves, salt, black pepper powder, green chili, olive oil, lime juice and mix it well.
- Take 1 slice of the bread and spread 1/3rd of the mix evenly on one side of the slice. cover it with another slice of bread.
- You can serve it like this or can roast / grill both sides using butter in a Tawa or sandwich maker or grill until both sides are light brown and crispy.
- Serve with green chutney or tomato sauce.
- You may use whole wheat bread or multigrain bread instead of plain white bread.
- Green chutney Recipe
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Avocado: 1, medium sized
- Water: 2 cups
- Lemon juice: 1 tablespoon
- Sugar: 2 teaspoons
- Salt: ¼ teaspoon or to taste
- Mint Leaves: 5-6
- Ice Cubes: 4-5
- Cut the avocado into 2 halves. De-seed and scoop out the pulp using a spoon.
- Blend the avocado pulp with sugar, salt and lemon juice.
- Add water and blend until smooth.
- Strain the mixture. (optional).
- In a glass, add 2-3 ice cubes.
- Pour the avocado juice.
- Garnish with mint leaves.
A daily guide on “What to cook?" And "How to cook?”