Recipe – Mexican Vegetable Cheese Quesadillas
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Serves: 24 small triangle slices of quesadillas
For the Tortilla:
- Plain flour or all-purpose flour: 2 Cups
- Water: 1 Cup or as required
- Salt: 1 pinch
- Oil: 1 Teaspoon
For the Stuffing:
- Mixed vegetables(carrot, beans, peas, sweet corn): 1 Cup
- Bell pepper or Jalapeno: 2, finely chopped
- Garlic: 3-4 cloves
- Avocado: 1 large, ripe
- Olive Oil: 1 Tablespoon
- Salt: to taste
- Black pepper powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Grated Cheddar Cheese: 1/2 cup
- Grated Mozzarella Cheese: 1/2 cup
For the quesadilla:
- Oil / butter to roast
For the Tortilla
- Knead the flour using water to a soft dough.
- Add oil and knead again.
- Cover the dough with a wet cloth and keep it aside for 10 minutes
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll into balls.
- Roll each ball into 7-inch diameter circle.
- Heat a flat non-sticky pan and place the circle on the tawa
- Flip it after 30 seconds
- Cook both sides until both sides are evenly cooked with golden brown spots (not black).
- Keep them on a kitchen towel and let it cool for sometime.
For the Stuffing:
- Blend the avocado pulp with garlic cloves, salt and little water to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, saute the vegetables till cooked. Add salt and black pepper powder and mix well. turn off the heat. Transfer it to a bowl and let it cool a bit.
For the Quesadillas:
- Take one tortilla on a flat surface. Spread little avocado paste all over one side. Add some of the sauted vegetables in half of the tortilla. Spread some mozzarella and cheddar cheese on top of the vegetables. Fold the other half and press it so both sides stick together.
- Likewise fold all the 8 tortillas.
- Heat a flat non-sticky pan. Spread some oil or butter.
- Once the pan is heat, add the folded tortillas on it. Place as many as possible.
- Add more oil/butter on top. After 1 minute, flip it slowly and add ¼ teaspoon butter and press again.
- Roast both sides until crispy and golden brown.
- Cut each half circle into 3 equal triangles.
- Serve with ketchup.