Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Macaroni: 2 cups
- Butter: 1 tablespoon
- Plain Flour (Maida): 2 tablespoons
- Milk: 1 Cup
- Water: As required
- Salt: 2 Teaspoon or as required
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese: 1 cup
- Black Pepper Powder: 2 Teaspoon
- Boil macaroni in water until cooked. Drain excess water and keep aside.
- Heat butter in a pan.
- Add flour and whisk constantly for 2-3 minutes.
- Add milk and whisk constantly for another 2-3 minutes until thickened.
- Add cooked macaroni, cheese, salt and black pepper powder. Whisk well. Cook for 9-10 minutes or until cheese melted and bubbles come out.
- Turn off heat and serve hot.
- You may add boiled vegetables with macaroni as well.
- You may bake the mix of boiled macaroni, cheese, salt, black pepper powder and white sauce (made with butter, milk, flour) for 15 minutes in 350 degree F.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 16 cookies
- Plain Flour (Maida): 2 Cup
- Sugar: 1 Cup
- Salt: 1 Teaspoon
- Butter or ghee: ¾ Cup + 1 tablespoon
- Baking Powder: 2 Teaspoon
- Water: As required to knead the dough
- Preheat the oven to 375 Degree Fahrenheit.
- Combine all the ingredients and make a soft dough. Cover it with a wet cloth and keep it in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 16 equal portions and roll into balls.
- Roll each ball into 2-inch diameter circle.
- Or else, you can roll the dough into a large circle and use a cookie cutter to cut them into circles.
- Grease both side of the cookies with 1 tablespoon oil/butter.
- Arrange the cookies on a baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for about 15-20 minutes or till it turns golden brown.
- Remove the cookies out of the oven and serve hot. Or, allow them to cool completely and store the cookies in an airtight container.
- You may use whole wheat flour for the dough.
- Instead of water, you may use hot milk to knead the dough, for softer cookies.
Prep time: 2 Minutes
Cooking Time: 3 Minutes
- Water: 1 ½ cup
- Tea: 1 Teaspoon
- Lemon Juice: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: ¼ Teaspoon or to taste
- Sugar: 1 teaspoon
- Black Pepper powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Boil water and tea for 2 minutes
- Strain and pour the water in a cup.
- Add lemon juice, sugar, black pepper powder and salt. Stir well and serve hot.
- You may use Tea bags. Dip the tea bags in boiled water. Wait for 2 minutes. Squeeze out the tea bags. Add lemon juice and salt. Stir well and serve hot.
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Sweet corn cob: 2 medium sized
- Salt: ½ Teaspoon or to taste
- Black pepper powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Butter: 1 teaspoon
- Lemon: 1/2 of a medium sized lemon
- Water: As required
- Take off the outer cover and silk from the corn.
- Boil 7-8 cups water in wide pot. Water should be enough to cover the corn.
- Add the corn cob to the water.
- Let it boil for 10 minutes.
- Drain the water.
- In a bow, mix lemon juice, melted butter, salt and black pepper powder. Brush this all over the corn cobs.
- Serve hot.
- You may microwave it as well. Microwave water and corn cob for 4-5 minutes in microwave safe bowl without cover and drain the water.
A daily guide on “What to cook?" And "How to cook?”