Recipe – Roasted Corn Cobs
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Corn cob: 2 medium sized
- Salt: for seasoning
- Black pepper powder: for seasoning
- Butter: for greasing
- Lime juice: a few drops
- Chaat Masala: for seasoning
- In bowl mix melted butter, slat, black pepper powder, chaat masala and lime juice. keep it aside
- Take off the outer cover and silk from the corn.
- Place the corn cobs on high gas flame. If you are using induction cooktop, place a wired net on cooktop, then place the corn cobs on the net.
- Flipping it all around, cook until golden brown from all sides.
- Take them out on a plate. Brush the butter masala all over the corn cobs.
- Serve hot.
Recipe – Vegetable Puff Using Ready-Made Puff Pastry Sheet
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Ready-made puff pastry sheet: 1
- Butter: as required for greasing
- Oil: 2 Tablespoon
- Boiled Potato: 3 medium sized
- Carrots: 1 medium sized, grated
- Beetroot (Beet): 1/4th of a medium sized, grated
- Green Peas: 2 Tablespoon
- Onion: 1 medium sized, finely chopped
- Green bell pepper: 1/4th of a medium sized
- Ginger-garlic paste: 1 teaspoon
- Green chili, finely chopped or paste: 1 Teaspoon
- Water: as required
- Chat masala: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Garam masala: 1/4 Teaspoon
- Cumin seeds: ½ Teaspoon
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. When it changes color, sauté onion, bell pepper, ginger-garlic, chili.
- Add green peas and grated, beetroot and carrot. Saute for another 3-4 minutes
- Add boiled and mashed potato, salt, chat masala, garam masala powder and mix well.
- Fry the mix till it is completely dry and the raw smell of beet and carrot is gone.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Divide the Mix into 9 equal portions. Roll them into cylinder shapes. keep aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F / 200 C
- Take the puff pastry sheet. If it is frozen, Keep it out for 2-3 hours. It should be in normal temperature while using.
- Spread some dry flour on the kitchen top and unfold the sheet. Sprinkle some dry flour on it and using a rolling pan roll it gently. No need to roll more.
- Using a knife cut it into 9 equal rectangular shapes.
- Add vegetable filling in all the sheets.
- Fold each portion to cover the filling. Using a fork seal the edges.
- Brush with butter on both sides and place them on a baking tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes. take them out. Flip it all and bake again for another 10 minutes.
- take out and serve hot with tomato ketchup
Recipe – Lauki Masala Curry
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Lauki: 1 medium sized
- Mustard Oil: 2 Tablespoon
- Onion: 1 medium sized, finely chopped
- Ginger: ½ Teaspoon, chopped
- Garlic: ½ Teaspoon, chopped
- Tomato: 2 medium sized, chopped
- Green chili: 2, chopped
- Mustard seeds: ½ Teaspoon
- Salt: 1 Teaspoon or to taste
- Turmeric: ¼ Teaspoon
- Red chili powder: ½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 2 Teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder: ¼ Teaspoon
- Cumin Powder; 1/4 Teaspoon
- Water: 1/2 Cup
- Coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon, chopped
- Trim the edges of lauki and peel it. Using a for prick the lauki all around.
- Now cut the lauki, discard the seeds and pulp. Cut into 1 inch square pieces.
- In a pressure cooker add the lauki pieces, salt, turmeric powder and 1/2 cup water. Do not add more water. Now cook it for 3 whistles.
- Turn off the heat and let the pressure goes off from cooker. Open lid and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds.
- After 30 seconds, add the chopped onion, garlic and ginger. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add tomato and green chili. Sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Add red chili powder, garam masala powder, cumin powder , coriander powder. Roast for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked lauki pieces with water. Cook in high heat for 10 minutes or till it is dry.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add coriander leaves and serve with rice or chapati.
Recipe – Eggplant Pizza
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400 F / 200 C
- Slice the eggplant into 1/4-inch thick circles.
- Brush little butter / oil in on both sides of each eggplant circle.
- Bake all the bases in pre-heated oven for 30 minutes.
- Take them out.
- Spread little pizza sauce on one side of each base.
- Add some of the vegetable toppings.
- Add some of the grated cheese.
- Spread little salt and pepper.
- Bake for another 20 minutes. Keep an eye and if cheese melts after sometime, take out and check if all done.
A daily guide on “What to cook?" And "How to cook?”